The tastier the cheese, the tastier your Souffle, so West Country Cheddar makes the perfect ingredient. Serve with a green salad as an entree, and don't forget a good Chardonnay or Merlot goes very nicely with cheese in a Souffle.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 – 20 minutes
100g West Country Green’s of Glastonbury Hard Goat’s cheese
60g mixed breadcrumbs
50g plain flour
2 egg yolks
5 egg whites
40g ground walnuts
1. Butter four ramekins with soft butter and freeze – repeat three times to ensure a good coating. Coat the inside of each ramekin with breadcrumbs and walnuts mixed together.
2. Melt butter in saucepan and add flour stirring until the mixture becomes a light coloured roux.
3. Still stirring, gradually add the milk and then add the grated cheese.
4. Pour this mixture into a bowl and beat in the egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Whisk the eggs whites to soft peaks and add a little lemon juice. Carefully fold the egg whites into the mixture.
6. Gently pour the soufflé mixture into each ramekin. Smooth with a spatula and place in baking tray filled with boiling water.
7. Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees c and bake for 15 -20 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately with a green salad.