Delicious golden West Country Farmhouse Cheddar melted atop your favourite bread, crowned with smoked bacon and a poached egg – an ideal weekend lunch or supper.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
250g Brue Valley Vintage Cheddar, grated
3 egg yolks
2 teaspoons English mustard
3 tablespoons ale or beer (drink the rest!)
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
A pinch of salt and pepper
Bread for toasting
8 smoked bacon rashers
4 whole eggs
White wine vinegar
1. Mix cheese, egg yolks, beer, Worcestershire sauce, English mustard and salt and pepper together, until you have smooth paste that can be spread on toast.
2. Slice 4 pieces of bread to desired thickness and toast lightly.
3. Grill bacon.
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil with enough salt and vinegar to taste. Poach eggs for 2 – 3 minutes until soft boiled and set aside.
5. In the mean time spread cheese mixture over one side of the toast then place it under the grill until the mixture has turned a golden brown.
6. Place toasts on a plate add bacon and poached egg sprinkle with black pepper and serve immediately.