A great lunchtime snack, our Farmhouse Cheddars make the perfect sandwich.
Preparation time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
50g softened butter
250g West Country Blue Valley Vintage Cheddar, sliced
2 medium aubergines, sliced
4 tbsps olive oil
Pinch of chilli flakes
Pinch cumin seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
Juice of 1 lemon
1 red onion, sliced into rings
Small bag of rocket
8 slices of thick cut granary bread
4 tbsps mango chutney
1. Heat a griddle pan or heavy frying pan.
2. Lay the aubergines on a baking tray and sprinkle with the cumin, chilli, paprika, salt and pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. 3. Transfer the aubergine into the griddle pan and grill on both sides for 2 – 3 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Transfer back into the baking tray and leave to cool.
5. Butter the bread and spread 4 slices with the mango chutney.
6. Layer the cheese, onion, aubergine and rocket onto the slice with the mango chutney and place a buttered slice on top.
7. Cut in half and serve.